Let’s be totally honest about this – there is no easy way to train for a marathon! To begin with, there are the crucial factors of determination and discipline. For beginners who are not already regularly training, a minimum of four months, running four days a week, is advised, but most authorities recommend a training programme over five to six months.
To help you get on your way we have provided a few useful documents:
- BEFORE YOU START
- GETTING STARTED
- SETTING GOALS
- TOP 10 NUTRITION TIPS FOR RUNNERS
- NUTRITION FOR SPORT AND MARATHON RUNNING BY DR ALISON M GALLAGHER
- BEGINNER PLAN – This plan will guide a beginner to completing their first marathon.
- INTERMEDIATE PLAN – This plan will suit a person who has already ran a Half Marathon or Full marathon and wants to better their time.
- ADVANCED PLAN – This plan will suit a person who has completed a number of marathons and wishes to run a sub 3:45 Marathon.